Keep Moving Forward.

3:00 PM




Hello Crafters!
Today I have an awesome news to share with you! For the month of January I will be Guest Designer over Simon Says Stamp! This is also a new thing for the Monday Challange, so to be the first Guest Designer double the happiness and honor!






So without any further ado, here is the first challange of the 2016 over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challange!
Theme is "SOMETHING NEW"! This theme is really easy and it allows you to touch different interpretations! The team over Simon Says Stamp will also use Tim Holtz's products... I used some too, did you recognize them already!?

Every time I think at the theme "something new" I think at butterflies! Nothing in Nature make me think about "new" than butterflies! They are "born" when something else "ends" and every ends...is always a new beginning...

So I altered a canvas!

I covered the canvas using pieces of paper from the collection Tim Holtz Idea-ology 12x12 Paper Stash Crowded Attic to glue the paper down i used Ranger Multi Medium Matte Paint Glue then I covered the sides of the canvas with tissue tape Tim Holtz Idea-olody Tissue Tape Symphony Music Self Adhesive Vintage Paper


I covered the canvas with Dina Wakley Ranger Gesso , I let it dry and then I added colors using Distress Ink as "water colors ". I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad Fossilized Amber , Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad Mermaid Lagoon , Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad Walnut Stain and Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad Black Soot to darken up the borders.

To embellish the canvas I used die cuts. I used Ranger Black Cardstock as base and I cut out a butterfly from Tim Holtz Sizzix Die Butterfly Duo and I used Tim Holtz Sizzix Tattered Pinecone ti cut out three roses. To make sure that the dies were playable I also stick it down Ranger Foil Cardstock on the back of the black cardstock before sending it through the big shot.




and finally, my wording are stickers from these stickers sheet Tim Holtz Idea-ology 2015 Occasions Small Talk Stickers , Tim Holtz Idea-ology 2015 Small Talk Stickers


Here is the final project :



As gift, Simon Says Stamp is giving out to a lucky random winner 50$ gift voucher.

Simon Says Stamp

Simon Says Stamp is also on INSTAGRAM! If you want you can use the hashtag #sssmchallange to share your projects !

I hope you will like the result, as always for any comments, questions, suggestions etc etc please leave a comment HERE !

Stay happy, stay creative! Till next time, xoxo!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Facebook Page

Instagram