Listen..

9:42 AM


(Leave a comment)


Hello and happy Sunday!
Today I am over the ColourArte's Blog to show you how to use the Silks Acrylic Glaze, Primary Elements and Radiant Gels to create lighting effects, texture and so on!

As I did on one of my old post, I used again a butterfly as the focal point of my project.
I worked on a canvas board, already pre-gessoed. Generally when I use these canvas board I apply a coat of gesso anyway but, in this case it was not necessary because I used the tissue paper wrap by Tim Holtz to cover the entire surface.
The butterfly that I used and the decorations in the background are chipboard from Gina's Design. These chipboards are fantastic and I recommend you go for a peek in their shop!


The idea I had in mind was a little different from this, I wanted the main color to be Vintage Mint, but then I just started playing with darker tones, as usual!

As written on the ColourArte's Blog , the inspiration for this project comes from some memories that I have when I was a child. I've always been fascinated by butterflies and their evolution, and when I witnessed the hatching of a coccoon...well...I cried so much... but of joy! Also as a child my grandmother always told me to listen to the little voice that I had inside, every time I had a problem I spent days and days to reflect. I was not instinctive at all - (which growing up I instead become, perhaps too much!) and she used to sit near me patting my shoulder and say "do not overthink,just listen to your inner voice".

So "Listen to your Inner Voice" is a project that comes from my heart! At the end if you think about it..,if the caterpillar didn't listen to his inner voice... there would be no butterfly!

I invite you to check out ColourArte's Blog to see how I created this project!

I hope you enjoyed the result, as always for any comments, questions, criticism etc. etc. leave a comment HERE !

Stay happy, stay creative! Till next time, xoxo!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Facebook Page

Instagram