Your Strength - Ken Oliver Team.

8:27 PM

(Leave a comment) 


Hello Crafters!
Today I am thrilled and honored to show you my first project for the Creative Team - Ken Oliver Crafts.
For this project I created a Tag and I had so much fun playing with Color Burst - they are truly shiny and bright and also so easy to play with!

Check out Ken Oliver Craft's blog for more information


Material List:

- Color Burst : Alizarin Crimson
- Color Burst : Yellow Ochre

1) First, I used Color Burst as "ink" -- if I can say that! I put some powder over the stamp , I tried to put little because you really need a little bit of Color Burst to get the bright color!


2) I then spritzed water and let the color blend and mix together well, then I stamped. I have to admit that it took me few tried before I got a good stamped image. This happend because I was adding too much water and I was ending up creating a mess! The stamp you see I used in my tag is a second generation stamp.


3) I covered the tag with Tissue Paper and gel medium, I let it dry then I poured a bit of Ultramarine Blue Color Burst, I spritzed with water then I stared in awe while the Color Burst "bursted" into this bright amazing color! This might be one of my favorite color!


4) When the tag was dry, I applied pieces of tape and covered few parts with Heavy Gesso -- I let it dry again.

5) I mixed a bit of Terre Verte with water and with a brush I applied the color here and there over the tag. I decided to do this way because I wanted to have more control of where I was putting the color.



6) Finally I decorated and completed the tag. I stamped the background, stitched around the sides, cut a piece of vellum (and colored it with Alizarin Crimson Color Burst), a black thread and some splashes made with black acrylic paint.

Here are some details...







And here the whole tag...


What do you think about it?

I invite you to head over the Ken Oliver Crafts's blog for even more inspiration!

I hope you will like the result, as always for any comments, questions, suggestions etc etc please leave a comment HERE !

Stay happy, stay creative! Till next time, xoxo!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Facebook Page

Instagram